Sunday, October 16

The League of Productivity Busters

I feel kind of guilty leaving you in a stupor of silence and waiting like this.  The last two days have been both crammed full of study, brainstorming for an impossible English monologue that I have to present this Wednesday, and daydreaming i.e. procrastinating.  Actually, I'm not a fan of the word 'procrastinating'.  A quick visit to the online thesaurus has left me both rejuvenated and satisfied.  Try these on for size. 

Dawdling,
Dabbling,
Dilly-dallying,
Frittering,
Frivoling,
Idling,
Loafing,
Loitering,
Puttering,
Toying,
Trifling.

I actually like all of these words better than 'procrastinating'.  'Frivoling' is great isn't it?  'Puttering' is nearly onomatopoeic for the sort of squelching denial my brain goes through during a session of procrastination.  But this list of words is so nice in itself.  That's a thing I sometimes struggle with.  Lists of synomyns often sounds so good together that I just want to list them all at the risk of sounding incredibly flowery.  Actuallym, these words are so good that they might need to become the League of Productivity Busters. 


2 comments:

  1. Haha I love it! They are all so much better than 'procrastinating' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the word "puttering" before; I'm going to do my best to use it this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!