Monday, March 5

Deja Vu

I finished reading A Game of Thrones last week, the night before it was due back at the library, as a matter of fact!  I stayed up extra late and just chomped through the last one hundred pages.  Pheweee!  Well, that was one of the most engaging books I have ever read.  I never got bored, and stayed rivetted to the last page.  Somehow, though, it seems that it's taken such a lot out of me that I can't even humour the thought of reading the next one just yet. 

I have instead, embarked on a tangent of Lemony Snickett.  Lemony Snickett, despite all his woe and misfortune, is one of the most brilliant, sensitive and clever writers, for children or otherwise.  I adore his randomness, his tricks, like his deja vu, where you read the first page of Chapter Five once, turn the page and then read the first page of Chapter Five again.  What really motivates me, other than, of course, the heart-melting endearment the Baudelaires have for me, is the little references he sneaks in, to his own story.  I hope, and please don't tell me either way, that I eventually discover what his secret is.  But never have I been so intrigued by the author behind a story! 

I finished reading A Game of Thrones last week, the night before it was due back at the library, as a matter of fact! I stayed up extra late and just chomped through the last one hundred pages. Pheweee! Well, that was one of the most engaging books I have ever read. I never got bored, and stayed rivetted to the last page. Somehow, though, it seems that it's taken such a lot out of me that I can't even humour the thought of reading the next one just yet.


Trippy hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!