Sunday, April 8

An Audio Book Reader?

One of the things I would just adore to do is read audio-books.  Reading aloud to people is one of my favourite things in the world and to be able to give that to more than just one person would be wonderful. 

It was a while ago that I discovered LibriVox, a site where you can find audio-books of public domain texts read by volunteers.  I rushed to the volunteering space, and read up as much as I could on how to record, how the projects worked, etcetera etcetera.  But when I went to record my first piece, I found that the microphone I used with my laptop was broken, and so it was that I groaned a little and forgot about it.

Just a couple of days ago, LibriVox sent me an email - just a regular chain email celebrating the milestone of 100 million downloads.  That got me thinking again.  My brother bought a new mircophone and headset to use at school, and I did a little test recording like a tentative toe in the pool. 

I now have a new project for my holidays.  There is tweaking to do, fiddling with settings to achieve the right levels for a full length recording, and then I am good to go.  But I predict, and hopefully I am right, that I will have read something for LibriVox by next Monday, when school is back. 

As soon as I have something to show for my efforts, I will post it here, and explain how the project of LibriVox actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!