Hello my dear readers! It looks like we're going to have a challenge after all!
In the last few hours there have been several new responses to my Challenge post, so I think that we finally have enough interest to get started! Yay!
SO HERE'S THE CHALLENGE
If you were only allowed to take ONE BOOK with you on a long, round-the-world trip, what book would it be, and why?
HOW THE CHALLENGE WILL WORK
- Click on the comments section below this post to leave a comment. In your comment, please
- Name your One Book, and
- Explain why you would choose it over every other book in the world, to go with you around the globe. (You can be as long, passionate, and flowery as you like.)
- Important: Either in your comment or in a private message via Blogger (or The Book Florist Facebook page), please leave a link or email address that I can contact you on, in the event that you win the challenge.
- Each response to the challenge will have its own special feature on Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils. Please take the time to read and comment on other people's entries. This is a chance to share and talk about things that are exciting and special to us.
- The winner will be chosen on Monday the 15th of April. That gives you a little under 2 weeks to enter.
- The winner will be drawn from a hat. (I will see if I can possibly film the name-drawing ceremony for you, but it will require some technical fiddling. We'll just have to see.)
- I will unveil the winner on Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils on the 15th and contact him/her via the link or email address that they left me in their private message.
- The prize will be the winner's choice of any one of the 'One Books' entered into the competition. (Therefore, the more entries, the better the range of choice will be for the winner.)
- In a private message, the winner and I will arrange an address for their prize to be mailed to. I will also be adding a hand-drawn original watercolour card of congratulations to the winner's package.
- Get everyone you know - your mum and dad, your grandma, your next-door neighbour - to enter! The more entires, the better the range of prizes to choose from for the winner!
- Please show respect and appreciation for each entry, and take some time to respond to them.
- Pay attention to other people's entries. You might discover a new book that you would be interested in reading, or a new author that's right up your ally!
Good luck all! I'll post an entry of my own this week to get the ball rolling on our very first challenge with a prize!
|The One Book Challenge!!!|
(Drawing copyright The Book Florist 2013)