Monday, June 10

My Day at the Bookfest

Every year, Lifeline holds a Bookfest at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition centre.

I haven't been since I was little, so today, despite the rain, I hustled together some Coles shopping bags to protect my purchases from the wet, and got on a train to the city.  

I may have gotten slightly carried away...  Here is what I bought:

  • Treasure Island
  • Robinson Crusoe
  • The Best of James Herriot
  • Collier's Junior Classics: Legends of long Ago
  • King of the Wind
  • The Swiss Family Robinson
  • The Children's Treasury of Fairy Tales and Nonsense Verse
  • The Complete Rudyard Kipling
  • Britannica Great Books: Swift and Sterne
  • Goodnight Mister Tom
  • Flat Stanley
  • Tom Swift and His Aquatomic Tracker
  • Ben Hur
  • The Last of the Mohicans
  • Around the World in Eighty Days
  • The Water Babies
  • Tale of Two Cities
  • Tom Sawyer
  • The Old Man and the Sea
  • I Capture the Castle
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The Animals of Farthing Wood Second Omnibus
  • Agatha Christie's Crime Collection
The purchases that I'm most excited about are The Water Babies and The Best of James Herriot.  For only 50 cents I managed to snag a beautiful hard back edition of The Water Babies.  I've had my eyes out for it everywhere for years!  And The Best of James Herriot, well it's gorgeous, really.  Hardcover, illustrated, perfect condition.  I'm so very very chuffed!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!