Sunday, January 19

Allow me to introduce myself

So today's the big day!  You may have noticed there are plenty of changes to Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils, not the least of which is I'm finished with my old pseudonym "The Book Florist".  

In this post I will introduce myself properly and explain the new updates.  

My name is Paige Hadley.  This is what I look like ----->

I am an Australian creative writing student based in Brisbane.  My ultimate dream is to write adventure fantasy books for children, as these are the books that made the greatest impact on me.  In the meantime though, I’m currently working on getting short work published in online journals. 

I am a dog-owner, part-time video store worker, cosplayer, Hufflepuff, romantic, bibliophile (lover of books) and logophile (lover of words).  One of my hobbies is water-colour painting.  The background artwork was done by yours truly. 

When I started Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils I was still in highschool.  I decided to use a pseudonym after my parents warned me about good cyber-safety. 

However, now I’m an emerging writer attempting to get new work published.  Online presence is extremely important.  My blog and other social media accounts are a way that my future publishers and readers can contact or engage with me through a mutual love of books. 

This blog has allowed me to speak before I burst from too many emotions.  It has allowed me to feel like a part of the world – a world that loves the same words strung into the same sentences and new sentences being written all the time. 

Regardless of what my future holds, I will always keep Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils as my sacred safe place.  It will always be about sharing a love of reading and writing. 

So about these updates:

There is a brand new and improved About Me page.  Either follow the link to view or you will find the page up top. 

There is also a brand new Contact Me page.  There you will find my contact email and the links to all my social media accounts.  Feel free to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, YouTube and Blogher.  These links are also in the side bar for easy access. 

So now you know a little more about me, have a roam around and explore the new pages and links. 

I’m excited to get back into the full swing of blogging because - as always - I’ve got so much to say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to respond to my post or start a new conversation about whatever it is that you're passionate about.

If you don't have a Blogger or Google account, you can always leave an anonymous comment. Thankyou for taking the time!